You should probably seek legal advice from a lawyer about this. I don`t know how a father can sign legal rights unless someone else adopts to replace him. You may want to talk to a lawyer. Hi, I have a 3 year old niece who currently lives with my mother, her grandmother. The baby`s mother is still absent due to drug problems and does not give financial support. The father keeps coming to take the baby to daycare, but doesn`t help financially at all and basically isn`t there unless we ask him for help. I want to take custody of my niece, but I`m not sure of my chances and I`m afraid to ask for legal help because I don`t want her to come back on me. I am 23 years old and have a full-time job and I live with my boyfriend and his family, so our home is very stable in every way. I am just wondering how to do it. From what you are saying, it appears that the lawyer simply retired as a lawyer. Article 285.1 of the Code of Criminal Procedure stipulates that: A lawyer registered as a party to civil proceedings or proceedings for dissolution of marriage, legal separation or declaration of nullity or annulment, or maintenance, maintenance or custody of minor children may withdraw at any time after the date on which the judgement was rendered in such action or proceeding.

With the exception of an interlocutory judgment, it becomes final and final before service of the pleadings or pleadings instituting them in proceedings then pending in that case by the lodging of a declaration of withdrawal.  Such notice shall indicate (a) the date of receipt of the final judgment, (b) the last known address of that party, (c) that the lawyer resigns from his or her duties as counsel.  A copy of the notice shall be sent to that party at its last known address and served on the opposing party. I have been raising my granddaughter since birth, she is now 7 years old. She always knew me as her mother. Her biological mother (my daughter) died 3 weeks ago and the child was conceived from an unreported rape. There is no father listed on the birth certificate. What must be done to become a guardian.

If you need legal documents to identify an informal or legal guardian for a minor child, contact A People`s Choice. We are happy to inform you about the different types of guardianship for minor children and discuss how we can help you. For more information, see the California Judicial Council`s brochure. This document provides a good overview of California guardianship and guardianship alternatives. I can`t say what your legal requirements are in this case. It appears that you have been appointed as a legal guardian, so I would check your powers of attorney to see if the product should be deposited into a blocked account. If you still can`t figure out what you need to do, contact a lawyer. Another difference is that in guardianship, the court can terminate guardianship if the parents are able or willing to care for the child. In the case of adoption, the legal relationship with the adoptive parents is indefinite. Guardianship is sometimes necessary when, no matter how much parents love their child, they are unable to become parents. Cps was called and spoke to my daughter and before she spoke to them, she asked to call me and they refused her that and told her she had to talk to them by director, then Sw contacted me about the traumatic experiences I had been through, I recidivated the consent to the drug test said the first Sw test would be dirty, then tested 6 more times and everyone was clean. Hi Quiana – I`m not sure what kind of legal documents you`re trying to do.

You may want to call the office at 800-747-2780. Hi, I have legal guardianship of my husband`s 16-year-old cousin in California. His mother died when he was 11 and his brother took custody of him. 2 years later, his brother died in a workplace accident while working in Wyoming. A case for the wrongful murder of his brother was recently settled and, as guardian of the child, I received a settlement cheque. I just need to know legally how to cash this cheque and what my reporting obligations are. The check is written just like his Social Security checks and I deposit these checks every month. We have helped people in this situation to adopt after filing for guardianship.

Call us.800-747-2780. You can certainly submit opposition documents that we can help you with. The court will look at what is in the best interests of the child and may try to come up with some sort of reunification plan. My goddaughter is underage and now pregnant. She has been living for 2 months with her boyfriend, who is also a minor, and her mother. Her mother tries to force her to marry. My goddaughter doesn`t want to get married now, so her mother doesn`t threaten her now. If she does not complete the marriage, her mother will force her to return home. It was not a good living environment for them.

His mother will also agree to sign the marriage, if he has only other options for her to have to go home. I would like to obtain the guardianship of my goddaughter, because she does not meet the conditions of emancipation. In terms of age, she could, but she can`t take care of herself. But we must also be careful that her mother does not catch her and move with her and force her to marry. I didn`t mention that the boyfriend wants to get married, so he would be ready. My goddaughter`s mother will let the boyfriend`s father (told a drug addict) sign permission for him. Can you give me some advice on the best guardianship (think legally) and what we can do to prevent her mother from legally running away with her? Thank you for any help you can give. My brother has problems with the crowd he hangs out with, so my parents want to send him with my aunt. My aunt is ready to host my brother for about a year and a half and enroll him in school there. Would it be better if it was informal guardianship or temporary legal guardianship? I have been raising my niece for 5 years.

I had power of attorney, but I got married and have since changed my name. 2 Question Should I create a new one with my married name and add my husband`s name or will the old one still be valid? Even though her mother gladly gives me guardianship over her, we have to go to court. Hi, I`m interested in what you can do to prepare for a worse situation as my husband and I prepare our will. We have established our guardianship preferences, but what happens to a child if both parents are unable to work or die and the guardian is out of state? I would like to know what you can do so that someone who is nearby, whom you trust and who knows the child well can temporarily have guardianship of your child while your permanent guardian travels.