Arthritis is inflammation of one or more joints. It involves the breakdown of cartilage. Cartilage normally protects a joint, allowing it to move smoothly. Cartilage also absorbs shock when pressure is placed on the joint, such as when you walk. Without the normal amount of cartilage, the bones rub together, causing pain, swelling (inflammation), and stiffness. Osteoarthritis is the most common kind of arthritis in North American which is associated with the aging process and can affect any joint. The cartilage of the affected joint is gradually worn down, eventually causing bone to rub against bone. Bony spurs develop on the unprotected bones causing pain and inflammation.
Genesis Pain Relief light use near infrared as main light resource (400-1400nm). Near infrared can reverse and inhibit signal transmission within nerve fibres, therefore alleviate pain of arthritis. Near infrared can stimulate cell to create more energy which can accelerate cell repaire process and reduce inflammation.
- Anti-inflammatory effect of low-level laser and light-emitting diode in zymosan-induced arthritis
- Ex vivo soft-laser treatment inhibits the synovial expression of vimentin and [alpha]-enolase, potential autoantigens in rheumatoid arthritis
- Low Level Light Effects on Inflammatory Cytokine Production by Rheumatoid Arthritis Synoviocytes
- Efficacy of different therapy regimes of low‐power laser in painful osteoarthritis of the knee: A double‐blind and randomized‐controlled trial
- The clinical efficacy of low-power laser therapy on pain and function in cervical osteoarthritis.